Frequently Asked Questions
• What do students do in a KidzArt class?
• When and Where are KidzArt are classes held?
• Who provides instruction?
• Does my child need to bring anything?
• Is every class or session different?
• Where can I get more information?
• Still not convinced of the value of Art education?
• What types of media are introduced throughout the year?
• How does your program inspire creativity?
• Do you offer home-school classes?
What do students do in a KidzArt class?
• Have fun while creating cool art
• Explore a broad range of art techniques and mediums
• Learn that problems can have more than one solution
• Choose variations for each project - not a "copy exactly" approach
• Learn techniques for focusing, relaxing, and reducing stress
• Gain drawing skills AND self-confidence
• Think creatively in a non-competitive environment
• Have access to high quality art materials used by artists
• Always be excited by new curriculum--both 2 and 3-D
• Enhance knowledge of other subjects (anthropology, science, geography etc)
When and Where are KidzArt are classes held?
KidzArt classes are available at educational facilities - public and private schools, churches, and retail businesses. Classes are offered as complementary and extracurricular enrichment, as well as core art programs for private and charter schools during the school day.
Who provides instruction?
All KidzArt instructors have had a background check through a multi-state database search and are fully certified by KidzArt. KidzArt Certified Instructors go through comprehensive training on the KidzArt method. Many have classroom experience and are elementary teachers or are artists themselves. The KidzArt program is a national program and its methods have been proven for over 15 years!
Does my child need to bring anything?
No, KidzArt provides all artist-quality supplies.
Is every class or session different?
Yes, KidzArt projects will never repeat.
Where can I get more information?
Please call or email the KidzArt Minnesota at firstname.lastname@example.org
Still not convinced of the value of Art education?
Consider these facts:
Not only are KidzArt classes fun and challenging but students involved in the arts are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement. "Young artists, as compared with their peers, are more likely to: Attend music, art, and dance classes nearly three times as frequently. Participate in youth groups nearly four times as frequently. Read for pleasure nearly twice as often. Perform community service more than four times as often."
What types of media are introduced throughout the year?
We primarily feature artist quality drawing mediums such as Prismacolor Markers, ArtStix, Oil and Chalk Pastels and Charcoal. We also introduce a wide variety of other 2 and 3 D mediums such as Sand Art, Scratch Art, Sculpture Mediums, Clay, Watercolor, Fabric Painting, Print Making, Copper Tooling, Collage, and Marbleizing.
How does your program inspire creativity?
The KidzArt Method(TM) is an inspiring format and structure that sets the stage for creative exploration. Each class not only teaches the elements of art and design, but also exercises in creative thinking.
Do you offer home-school classes?
Yes! KidzArt can come to your home school group. Please call or email us and let's talk about what your needs are.
- Living the Arts through Language + Learning: A Report on Community-based Youth Organizations, Shirley Brice Heath, Stanford University and Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching, Americans for the Arts Monograph, November 1998
"The facts are that arts education: makes a tremendous impact on the developmental growth of every child and has proven to help level the "learning field" across socio-economic boundaries."
- Involvement in the Arts and Success in Sec